Monday is the best day to start the week.

modules

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Do-Youbi aka Japanese Saturday

Memoirs of a Geisha

It was hard deciding which to watch. I wanted either Memoirs or Pink Panther, Pro wanted Aeon Flux or Memoirs, while Belmond wanted Pride and Prejudice or Aeon Flux. We can't agree on one movie and Belmond has already seen Memoirs, we decided that Pro and I just shoulder Belmond's 50 to watch Memoirs of a Geisha. Win win situation. Ludwick came late 30 minutes behind the movie from his bartending classes.

Dinner at Tempura

After the movie, we wanted to eat at a Japanese cuisine. We headed off to ATC and dined at Tempura. I had Mixed Maki, GIGANTIC bowl of RAMEN, and Banana Nut shake. I was even planning on trying Wasabe ice cream but the bloody mary experience was still fresh from memory. After dinner, we were definitely NOT full so..

Hanging out at UCC

Next stop we went bare-vehicled to Westgate. Went there via method called "walkathon." We hanged out at the terrace and chose from the long list of menu. In the end we chose parfaits. Fruit Parfait for Ludwick and Coffee Parfait for Belmond and me. The parfaits were heavy and thick and we were so full so we wasted almost-a-grand but as UCC menu cover says, "Coffee brings satisfaction and a sense of togetherness." (not the exact words) I guess you can say that it was still worth the experience.

But next time I'll just order for their great coffee.

Star Becks/Stars with no more Bucks

The only non Japanese thing we did was hang out at Starbucks, order nothing, and talk about anything.

1 comment:

The Chronicle said...

I had a hard time understanding their english.. sana subtitled.. hehe! I missed the coffee session.. haay..