Travelling in the afternoon was awful. Traffic was worse and it was really hot in the streets. And MRT was even more crowded than it was during morning rush hours. And there was no shuttle to Eastwood in the afternoon. That's the inconvenience of going to the office in the afternoon though I’d still prefer it over waking up early to go to work and going home late and sleeping very late.
The finance report tool that we left running last night didn’t finish generating the report we wanted. Actually, Jepay’s PC freezed while we left it overnight. That’s why we had to go back to the office even though it was Quezon day :(. We tried various workarounds but all was a tad too slow or use up too much CPU/memory resources. So we had to find out the formula ourselves and we discovered that all this time the tool was generating wrong computations for the monthly depreciation and book value. It was computing based on the month not on the date itself. The tool wasn’t tested thoroughly which makes us suppose that the finance peeps also didn’t bother validating the data all this time. We’ll just have to make the finance peeps validate our report in Monday.
After doing a top-secret trick we did of which I was the ‘time seeker’ while Jepay was the 'key' (and Cora was the only Associate who knows the details), we had to deal with a series of karmas. Firstly, my mom called that Marble was sick again. Secondly, the 9:30 shuttle left us even though we requested it to wait for us. I suggested that we go back to the office and watch Green Rose and go home later at 10 then when she agreed I suggested that we just take the cab. =) We had to take a cab because there are no more shuttles to Ayala.
In the cab I was thinking of my dog and Jepay shared a cure: sugar and water. She has a dog called Erap which was flea-infested so her father sprayed Baygon to it and after a while it fainted. They had to make it drink sugar water to bring it back to consciousness and to counter the poison. I was laughing while she was telling me this. To my further amusement, all of her dogs are named after politicians: Honasan, Erap, and Brenda ("brain damage" aka Miriam). Politicians are dogs but I never expected the reverse. =)
When I got back home I was touched when I saw a weakling Marble trying to get up and walk to greet me. I had to prepare sugar and water and made him drink it. He’s still weak but we never allowed him to get inside the living room and bed room. It may be amusing that I’m worried this much about a dog but Marble’s part of the family that I care for much.
Monday is the best day to start the week.
About Me
modules
adventure
(4)
apartment
(3)
bohol
(4)
bus
(2)
corregidor
(1)
davao
(2)
japanese
(2)
movie
(2)
neil gaiman
(1)
ocean adventure
(1)
philippines
(8)
singapore
(6)
subic
(2)
text twist
(1)
travel
(13)
trip
(1)
watchathon
(2)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(163)
-
▼
August
(14)
- Your Mood Ring is Magenta Weird Creative Insipired...
- kakarating ko lang kaloka may balak ako mag-ot par...
- Yesterday the solid budminton buddies played at An...
- Friday Backlog
- The Great Raid
- bathroom small talk
- the great Raid
- ang saya ang haba ng meeting may ituturnover kasi ...
- pirate @ work
- jack and bobby
- get more biz card toons at gapingvoid.com
- No title
- i have these tiny red spots all over my body which...
- vertigo
-
▼
August
(14)
No comments:
Post a Comment