If last year was a Black Valentine, yesterday's one helluva bloody Valentine.
After dinner at Pierre 1 -Singles Night Out- (which is a first so, it is quite unusual), Belmond came up with the idea to end with a drink. They all had vodka ice while I, the adventurous one, picked up Bloody Mary without having any idea what it is. Thank you Ludwick for keeping on repeating it, it was a last recall. I had most Yucks in my experiments and this is one of them. My taste buds guess Bloody Mary is a mix of tomato juice, vodka, and siling labuyo, which is quite near to its actual ingredients as I have found in the net:
1 1/2 oz Vodka
3 ea Drops tabasco sauce
3 oz Tomato juice
1 x Pepper; to taste
1 ea Lemon; juiced
1 x Salt; to taste
1/2 ts Worcestershire sauce
As Shen accurately puts it, "inuming sawsawan." It does taste like hot sauce, soy sauce and alcohol and I was squirming every sip. Reaching half the cocktail glass I asked for help. Cora stirred and sipped through it, so as Shen in one long straight sip. They said it was better, and since I paid for it "nagmaganda ako."
Lo and behold, bloody mary became a barf drink. Barf drink is composed of: 60% bloody mary, 20% iced tea, 5% vodka ice, 15% bulalo soup. It's best served in a plate, try it--delicious.
Monday is the best day to start the week.
About Me
modules
adventure
(4)
apartment
(3)
bohol
(4)
bus
(2)
corregidor
(1)
davao
(2)
japanese
(2)
movie
(2)
neil gaiman
(1)
ocean adventure
(1)
philippines
(8)
singapore
(6)
subic
(2)
text twist
(1)
travel
(13)
trip
(1)
watchathon
(2)
2 comments:
Bloody Mary, it sounds scary...
Pero it makes everyone happy.
Hahahaha....
WTG, Donna!!!
It's a valentine we'll never forget... :))
Post a Comment