Monday is the best day to start the week.

modules

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Yesterday

A terribly disappointing day but nonetheless a time well spent, a couple of first times, and some lessons learned.

A first time at UCC Coffee tried Iced Sumiyaki Coffee. Tastes like strong cold brewed coffee, comparable to Mocha Blend's fredoccino less the choco and whipped cream. Side note, UCC stands for Ueshima Coffee Co. it's of Japanese origin and the odd thing is one of their specialty is Vienna coffee. Sumiyaki as I just learned is coffee from charcoal roasted beans. Very bitter when plain but delicious with a cup of cream and syrup. It's not the typical iced frappe style coffee, just coffee with ice cubes but a flavorful one. Try it--it's best served in a tall glass (haha). And for first timers like Belmond and me, UCC is table service unlike the common self service cafes.

Was also able to watch Brokeback Mountain twice, because Ludwick was late as usual. There was a subtle giggling among the viewers in the "r" parts, I wonder what if it's the same for American audience?

First time to eat at Northpark too, hehe.

I also bought my first "original lego" lego sampler at Gift Gate because the two buds have also bought theirs and I tnink it will be a good cube toy for those waiting times. It only costs 150, not bad.

No comments: