Monday is the best day to start the week.

modules

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Chapter 2 - Good Friday Day 2, Night 3

..left the pad at 10:30AM!! Touch session ends at 12NN so we took the train to City Hall.

Fountain of Wealth
We ended up shopping so we missed the touch session by a minute. :( Strolled a bit at the mall then took the train to Jurong East.



Jurong City
It was a long ride from the middle to the west coast, good thing we chose the shorter path as there are two ways to get here. And for heaven's sake a miracle happended, it rained. Very hardly. Having three choices: Jurong Birdpark, Snow City, and Science Centre, we opted for the least 2 priority--the indoors.

Singapore Science Centre (S$15 with Omnimax IMAX movie)
I've always wanted to go here ever since gradeschool and science still never fails to amaze me. But lacking time I never had time to try and read everything in exhibit. We just quickly passed through everything while quickly trying anything that seems interesting.

Snow City (S$10 - 1 hour, no gloves)
We were late for the 3:45 PM session but we pushed through nonetheless. Just buying a ticket with no gloves with 45 minutes left. Renting gloves cost $2, no thank you we have more important things to spend on. So we tried on some dirty jackets, wore the jackets at our risk as Indian's are fond of the Snow City. Then we walked inside the "city" or should I say room. It's much smaller than I expected but it's colder than I imagined. Temperature dropping from -5ºC to -7.4ºC, with my tongue getting number and with no gloves to boot. Thank god I was wearing pants that day. Unfortunately there are no snowflakes to complete the snow experience. The thing to be enjoyed here is the slide. We skidded our butts down and felt the gush of blizzard produced by our butt forces.



Happy Meal Heaven! at Science Centre Mc Donald's. To Take Out or Take Away?

Science Centre - Omnimax Theatre: Apollo 13
We headed back to Science Centre to watch an IMAX movie Apollo 13. The difference is the film is projected at the whole dome. It surrounds the movie around the audience. But I have noticed it is distorted at the edges of the dome. It's great for 3D movies.

Science Center - Waterworx & Kinetic Garden
Played around with water and playground, then was summoned by Mam C. On our way to Night Safari...


Night Safari

This is the best place so far, encountering nocturnal creatures some of which are so near that they seem to be prowling at you like the Hyenas.

Littl India - Mustafa

Ok why the hell are we back here, it's because of the bargain. And i never regretted returning here. This mall runs 24 hours and has the biggest selection of goods that I have seen so far. SM is not comparable to the Mustafa empire. I promised that I would return here again someday. ;)

No comments: